This year’s Halloween costume was very last-minute. The entire month of October I was slammed with work, after-work activities and big life changes. Therefore, I put off my Halloween costume until the last minute. But in typical Rachel fashion, I managed to think up something cute and unique and DIY my costume for just around $30.
- a lime green dress (I got mine from Forever21 for about $15)
- 1 8″x11″ piece of white felt (or any other clothing fabric that glues easily)
- a few decorative limes (or print out some and paste them to thick cardboard)
- fabric glue
- a plastic straw
- Trace around the collar/neckline of your dress (the curvier it is, the harder it will be to get the perfect cut) on the white piece of felt. Draw a one-inch “collar” and cut it out. Glue or sew this onto the collar/neckline of the dress as the “salt”. If you are feeling crafty, you can add glitter so it looks more like real salt.
- Glue 3-4 decorative lime slices (found at your local craft store) to one shoulder/neckline area of your dress.
- Put a straw in your hair with a bobby pin and you’re done!
James went as Wilson from “Home Improvement” for Halloween- how cute was his costume?