It’s hard to believe we’re half-way through the summer already. Due to my lack of funds, I didn’t go summer clothes shopping this year. Technically I haven’t really done that since high school when I went “school clothes shopping”, but you get my point. A few small trips to buy dresses for weddings and some new shorts has been the extent of my shopping trips this summer. But a girl can dream right? Here are the items that are on my mid-summer wish list. I think I’ll go out and buy that lottery ticket now…
1. Canon Eos Rebel T2i– While I love my Canon Powershot SX230HS (and highly recommend it to those who want something a step up from a regular digital camera), I would love to invest in a DSLR. There’s one small problem- the price- which is why a nice professional camera is on my summer wish list.
2. ModCloth Cat Tee– I’m not ashamed to admit I love cats, and this shirt proves just that.
3. Vera Bradley Large Duffel in “Floral Nightengale”– For all of the travelling I do to visit my boyfriend, you’d think I’d have my packing situation all settled. Well, I don’t. I usually pack my weekend essentials in an old beach tote, so a nice large duffel bag is just what I need. The cute pattern on this Vera Bradley one would be perfect!
4. “Let’s Pretend This Never Happened” by Jenny Lawson– As a fan of both comedic female writers and sarcastic bloggers, I’m dying to get around to reading this one.
5. Tiffany & Co Paloma’s Crown of Hearts Ring– Anyone who knows me is well aware that I love heart jewelry. I have so many heart necklaces and earrings it’s not even funny. Most of them are old or cheap or I don’t really wear anymore, so I’m looking for something I can wear on a daily basis. And I LOVE that Tiffany’s makes rings in smaller sizes (I’m barely a size 4.5), since I have tiny fingers.
6. Dream Catcher iPhone Case by Society6– If you have an iPhone and haven’t browsed Society6 yet, you’re in for a treat. They have thousands of iPhone cases to choose from, so you’re sure to find the one that’s perfect for you. Growing up, I always had a dream catcher in my room. The past few years I’ve been having some weird and disturbing dreams and it just occurred to me that I may need to bring the old dream catcher back.
7. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette– When it comes to eye shadow, I go very neutral during the day and then add some browns, bronzes, silvers and blacks for night. I do add some color in here or there, but who needs to when you have this range of neutral shades?
8. Kate Spade New Bond Street Hadley Bag– Now that I’m a real grown-up (with a big-girl job and bills to pay), it’s time for a nice expensive bag. The brown color and simple structure of this Kate Spade bag would never leave my side- plus it goes with everything.
9. Tiffany & Co “I Love You” Bangle– I tend to not wear bracelets that much because a. my job requires me to type and use the computer mouse for 8 hours straight, which would be uncomfortable with an arm full of bracelets and b. most bracelets are made to fit people with larger wrists, so they just fall off of me. I would make the exception with this bangle and probably wear it everyday. Again, Tiffany’s scores major points with their “slim fit” and “narrow” bracelet options. My little wrist thanks you.
10. Xhilaration Rose Print Bikini– I have an obsession (read: problem) with Target’s bathing suits. Every time I go in to the store there is a magnetic force that attracts me to them. I usually end up try on 4 or 5, sulk at how nothing fits me right, and leave the store empty-handed. But every once in a while I find one that fits me and looks good. I’d say 90% of my bathing suits are from Target and I’d love to add this one to my collection.
11. Rifle Paper Co. Citrus Notecards– While I don’t send too many letter via snail-mail (I totally would if someone would write me back), these notecards are just too pretty to pass up. Love the citrus theme- especially the lemon!
12. Teeth Toothbrush Holder– Another weird thing I have an obsession with? Teeth. Not the canine-looking, real teeth- the cartoon kind! Now all I need is my own apartment to put this in…
13. Xhilaration Zip Dress– I basically love everything from Target, and this dress is no exception. I don’t really need any new summer sundresses, but at such an affordable price, why not? Plus, my wardrobe seems to be lacking in red.